Monday, August 27, 2012

A day at the track

It was an odd choice to start a blog during such a busy period of my life. It's harder to get on the computer and update/edit photos than I thought it would be.  We are just busy.

Busy experiencing life. Soaking up the last few days of grandparents visiting (my husband's parents can actually drive to where we live now) and trying to experience parts of San Diego that we haven't had the opportunity to yet.

And busy packing, we've actually managed to get some work done.  Proof:



On Saturday our little family along with Grandma and Grandpa went to the track.  I'm not the betting/gambling sort but the track in San Diego is world famous.  Del Mar Race Track was a huge escape and pleasure for the Rat Pack back in the day.  Old Hollywood really enjoyed going there and because of that there is still a hint of glamour.  My mother in law and I had such a good time checking out all the girls in their dresses with their hats, dressing in old Hollywood style.  It was fascinating!

Here is a shot I took of the horses finishing up a race.  A lucky man a few rows ahead of us was pretty excited.  I'm so thankful Android phones can finally use the Instagram app.  It's so useful during this season in my life.




We have a few things left to do on our San Diego bucket list.  Time is running out, special moments are passing quickly and everything feels like "the last time" it will happen here.  We are all feeling a bit sentimental.  Only two weekends left!

No comments:

Post a Comment