Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Adjusting.

It's taking me some time (as it always does) to come to really grasp the enormity of change that happened when we moved up here.  Some of the things that have changed are things that can't ever be replaced here and that takes time to get used to.

We've come to really accept our town for what it is.  It's a historical town with a funky charm.  It reminded my mother in law a bit of Vermont mixed with Southern California's relaxed attitude.  When I first visited it reminded me of Colorado, the mountains and the west.  The town has a huge focus on buying local everything.  There is a store with 100% local items from over 50 local artists/crafters/creators.  It's really pretty interesting.

The more I focus on what I love about it the more I like just simply being here.  We can walk to at least 5 winery tasting rooms, restaurants, a couple bookstores, a record store, and loads of sweet funky shops.  I love it.  It'd be nice to have some time sans toddler to actually check out of the stores but regardless, window shopping here is still a treat.

I've made progress.  I finally swallowed my bizarre fear and called the preschool that I'm interested in.  I need to meet some mamas.  I've met a few very nice people through my husband's work but I need some mom to mom interaction.  I'm going to bring Declan to a mama & me type class to check it out, I am excited but also pretty nervous.  I hope people are nice.




just because

1 comment: