Monday, October 22, 2012

Two years

Has it really been two years? 


I can hardly believe it...

But it has.  What a wonderful two years it has been!



I really wanted his birthday to be special, even more than last year.  I wanted him to get it, to know that it was his special day.  It's not always easy explaining things to a (almost) two year old.  I did what I almost always do, and I got some children's books about birthdays.  I read a few and decided that "Happy Birthday Little Pookie" would be the perfect way to show Declan that it was his day, his birthday.  

We read the book over and over for a few weeks.  We talked about birthday's, balloons, little pookie, presents, pancakes, etc etc.  We talked until I was blue in the face.  And then the morning of his birthday...


There were balloons...



Daddy made Pancakes Supreme 
(lucky for me, daddy makes them in the book)


And there were presents



 He was thrilled to get his very own kitchen


Another favorite was the bubble gun


I'm confident that he got it, he might not have understood that he was born two years before that day (he definitely didn't).  But for sure, he knew the day was all about him, that he was special and that he was loved.  I'm calling that a success!




1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea! Connor loved the idea of a party, but not until we actually had his did he really "get" it. Now he loves to sing "Happy Birthday" and name family members when he sings. Such a fun age!

    ReplyDelete